API and 3rd Party Integrations
A plugin or add-on is a software component that adds one or more particular features to an existing program, platform, or Content Management System (CMS), often used to extend a site’s functionality. Plugins support new features and give you the ability to expand your website or business software. Similarly, an Application Programming Interface (API) is a set of routines, protocols, and tools for building software applications that are used in web development. We have the necessary experience and technical expertise to make a 3rd party API integration or plugin into your existing website.
Not all plugins and modules are created equally. There are many advantages to creating a custom API, software, or plugin to increase functionality that is not otherwise available in a pre-made plugin or 3rd party application. Custom plugins and API’s not only provide extra functions but are specialized specifically for your business needs. Our expert developers excel at integrating plugins already on the market, as well as crafting custom business solutions.
Types of Plugins, Add-ons & Modules
Many types of extensions such as plugins and APIs require integration. Here are just a few types of add-ons that can be integrated into your site:
- Payment Processing : Payment processing solutions will enable your customers to pay for products and services with debit and credit cards, PayPal, Google Checkout, as well as other merchant services.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) : SEO plugins work to simplify and help you improve the quality of your search rankings. These plugins allow you to optimize your key words, audit your searchability, and attain higher rankings on search engines as well as get your business in front of the right eyes online.
- Online Merchandising & Product Cataloging : We can create a custom plugin for databasing and cataloging your products in an efficient way. Merchandise plugins can help you optimize featured products, prices, promotions, and more to ensure your product listings are always fresh and engaging to customers.
- Analytics : Analytics modules are among the most important type of plugins because they track and monitor your customers’ interactions with your website. Analytics plugins will help you target your highest-performing demographics and provide valuable feedback on the success of your campaigns.
- Website Performance : Website Performance Monitoring plugins like New Relic allow you to monitor and optimize the performance of your entire technology stack. From application analytics to server outage alerts, these plugins provide the data and insight you need in order to audit server up-time, load balancing, and traffic congestion.
- Email Marketing : Email marketing plugins give you the ability to reach your established customer base with email campaigns, newsletters, and loyalty programs, directing them to landing pages, product offers, and more.
- Social Media Integration : Social media has swept the globe and become an important facet of navigating online business for established professionals as well as entrepreneurs. Integrating social media plugins into your website is another one of our specialties so you can connect to your existing customers as well as build a new base for your business.
These are only a few of the plugins available, but we can easily accommodate something more specific. Give us a call now to discuss your business needs!
Building A Plugin VS. 3rd Party Plugin Integration
Most Content Mangement Systems and website platforms like WordPress or Joomla! have open-source plugins and extensions available online. Plugins like Yoast SEO, Contact Form 7, Gravity Forms, Akismet, and Jetpack are just a few of the popular extensions for WordPress. For the Aabaco Small Business/Yahoo Store platform, plugins (or add-ons) are Ecommerce-centric and include floating shopping carts, checkout customization, testimonials, and best sellers, among many others. For Drupal, these enhancements (called modules) work in the same way as WordPress or Joomla! plugins do, allowing you to extend and customize Drupal’s functionality far beyond its basic functions. Regardless of what platform you have, there are plugins available to help meet your needs. And, where pre-made plugins lack in functionality, our developers can customize a tailor-made plugin for your site!
WordPress Plugin Development
Add increased functionality and customization to your existing WordPress business site. WordPress is one of the top Content Management Systems availableand almost 59% of websites on the Internet are powered by WordPress. While it contains many great features, there are always functions that aren’t anticipated for business owners, and that is where our developers can bridge the gap with a custom plugin. When you are in need of something more specific, our expert web developers can anticipate your needs and code a custom plugin that is more secure and efficient for your business needs.
We Are Here to Help Grow Your Business
Need someone to install YOAST for your existing WordPress website? Need Google Apps for tracking analytics? We can fully integrate any 3rd party plugins and modules into your existing website. But not all plugins and modules are the same, and if you’ve ever used a plugin that was missing an important feature, you know how frustrating it can be. That is why we offer custom development of plugins and modules that include whatever features you need. We believe that our online solutions will help elevate your business and take it to the next level. Call us today so we can discuss your needs!